Residential Property Development Process -
The Residential Property Development Process is accomplished in three (3) steps.
- The proposal step allows the applicant an opportunity to explain the project and illustrate using a site plan.
- Similarly, it gives the County an opportunity to review the proposal to determine feasibility and the necessary requirements in order to achieve the proposed project and communicate those requirements to the applicant.
- Each of the below reviews are completed regardless of the proposal and may result in Step 2 requirements.
- Site Plan Review
- Departmental Reviews -
- Planning Division - Critical Areas and Setbacks Review
- Environmental Health - On-Site Sewage Review
- Environmental Health - Drinking Water Review
- Fire Marshal - Fire Equipment Access Review
- Public Works - Road Access Review
- Other Outside Agencies as applicable
- This letter transitions the applicant to Step 2 of the Property Development Process.
- Each Pre-Development Review letter is customized according to the proposed project.
- This step allows for the necessary requirements determined in Step 1 to be submitted for review.
- Possible submittal requirements by department -
- Planning Division
- Environmental Health
- Fire Marshal
- Public Works
- Other Outside Agencies
- Each "golden ticket" checklist is customized according to the proposed project.
- The "golden ticket" will outline the documentation required to be submitted for this step.
- These submittals will not be accepted if a "golden ticket" has not been sent or,
- If the application is incomplete in anyway including incorrect payment amount or non-payment.
- After Building Division review for code compliancy, a Permit Coordinator will notify the applicant that the permit is ready for issuance as well as if there are balances owing.
- All balances are due before the permit may be issued.
- Residential Plans Submittal Checklist
- Electronic submittals cannot be accepted.
**Each step must be complete prior to proceeding to the next step!**
100 West Broadway Ste 31, Montesano, WA 98563