Residential building permits encompass a wide range of projects including single family residences, duplexes, town homes, detached accessory structures and alterations, additions and remodels to these structures.
What to expect when applying for Residential Building Permits -
- Permitting staff will assist in clarifying any issues that may arise during the brief completeness review at intake to expedite the processing of your application.
- Incomplete applications can not be accepted. A Permit Coordinator and a Plans Examiner, when available, will go over your application to ensure that it is complete.
- Payment for plan review is required at time of submittal and can be made with check, cash or money order. Sorry, credit and debit cards are not accepted.
- Some applications for repairs or simple projects may be issued over the counter, while you wait (i.e. mechanical or reroofing). Other applications typically require a more extensive review.
- When your plans have been approved and the permit is ready to be issued you will be notified by phone.
- Please refer to the Property Development Process handout to learn more about this process.
Payment of permit fee is required in full at the time of permit issuance. You can call ahead for final payment amounts. Feel free to ask questions of the permitting Staff at any time. We are happy to help you understand the process.
What about Manufactured or Mobile Homes?
Applying for placement, relocation or alteration of a manufactured or mobile home? Please click here to find information about the process, including:
- How to apply.
- What is needed for Title Elimination.
- The application requirements.
- What year homes are approved for placement.
- The process for altering an existing Manufactured or Mobile home.
Grays Harbor County
100 West Broadway Ste 31, Montesano, WA 98563
Phone: (360) 249-4222
Fax: (360) 249-3203