CHEHALIS BASIN LEAD ENTITY
Saving salmon is everybody's business!
The Chehalis Basin Lead Entity for Salmon Recovery (Lead Entity) is responsible for evaluating and submitting habitat project applications to the Salmon Recovery Funding Board (SRFB) for funding consideration.
The Lead Entity reviews habitat project applications and establishes priorities for individual projects, defines the sequence for project implementation and submits the activities as the habitat project list.
The Lead Entity consists of a committee of people representing counties, cities, conservation districts, tribes, environmental groups, business interests, landowners, citizens, volunteer groups, regional fish enhancement groups and other habitat interests.
Habitat projects are prioritized and implemented in a logical sequential manner that produces habitat capable of sustaining healthy populations of salmon. The Lead Entity committee uses a critical pathways methodology that:
- Prepares a limiting factors analysis for salmonids
- Identifies habitat projects that sponsors are willing to undertake
- Identifies how to monitor and evaluate projects
- Reviews monitoring data, evaluates project performance
- Outlines the adaptive management strategy used in its WRIA