What property can I leave for an inmate?
The following items can be left for an inmate:
- Clothes for a jury trial (must get approval from jail staff prior to dropping clothes off
- Approved religious materials
- Deposits to phone and commissary may be made online. Money Orders can be mailed to them and it will be credited to their account
- Current prescribed medications or refills
- Inmate money may be accepted at the kiosk in the lobby (cash only at this time); or click on Inmate Deposits. You may also call Access Secured Deposits at 866-345-1884.
- Books must be mailed directly from the publisher, bookstore, or library
Court Dates and Release Times
Court appearance dates are arranged by the court, the attorney, and the prosecutor's office. The jail does not attempt to provide these appearance times or dates. They are always subject to change. For information, go to Find My Court Date.
Release dates will be given to inmates only. Inmates have the discretion and responsibility of notifying those interested in their release date. Inmates requesting their release date must fill out a request form. Scheduled released times are 6:00 in the morning and 6:00 in the evening.
Do you have any Jail Programs?
There are programs the inmates can attend. In order to participate in these programs, they need to fill out a request form and remain on good behavior.
We currently have the following programs:
- Bible Study
- Church (12 different denominations)
Inmates are considered indigent if they have $15.00 or less in the commissary account prior to ordering commissary on Monday morning.
Indigent inmates will receive the following items, as needed, on a weekly basis:
- Three (3) stamped envelopes
- One (1) pen or pencil, if needed
- Five (5) sheets of writing paper
- Toothbrush exchange, if needed
- One (1) tube of toothpaste
- A bar of soap
Sick call is conducted by our medical staff throughout the week. Inmates requesting to be placed on sick call must:
- Fill out a request form
- Request to see doctor on Medical Intake
To send inmates mail, it must be addressed as follows:
PO Box 630
Montesano, WA 98563
Mail that is received for inmates will be:
- Opened prior to inmate receiving such mail, except for legal mail
- Returned to sender if inmate is no longer incarcerated the the Grays Harbor County Jail
- Money Orders can be sent to the inmate and it will be credited to the inmate's account
Mail received with the following will be returned:
- Drawings made with coloring crayons
- Pictures that contain pornography
- Letters with stains, soaked in liquids or perfumes
- Cards (birthday, holiday, musical, etc.)
- There is NO inmate to inmate mail
- There will be no other writing on outgoing envelopes
- Do Not seal any outgoing mail except legal mail
- Envelopes will be addressed as follows:
P.O. Box 630
Montesano, WA 98563
Recipient's City, ST, Zip
Inmate Telephone System
Inmate phone services are provided by Legacy Inmate Communications. Phone issues should be addressed with Legacy and your local phone provider. Legacy can be contacted by phone at 1-888-729-4326, or online at www.legacyinmate.com.
Three-way calling, threatening or alleged criminal activity will result in loss of phone access without notice.
Prepaid Communications Services - English
Prepaid Communications Services - Spanish
Contact Information for Client Web site
Rate Table - English
Rate Table - Spanish