- When is a permit needed?
- What are the application requirements?
- How do I apply for a building permit?
What to expect when applying for Commercial Building Permits?
- A pre-application meeting is required for most commercial building permits prior to submitting any application and provides answers to many frequently asked questions that arise when applying. Please contact the Grays Harbor Building Division to schedule a meeting.
- Building Division staff strives to work closely with design teams and contractors during all phases of commercial projects to ensure expedited turn around times and careful review and approval of projects.
- Incomplete applications can not be accepted. A Plans Examiner, during a scheduled submittal meeting, will go over your application packet to ensure that it is complete. Please contact the Building Division to schedule a submittal meeting.
- Payment for plan review is required at time of submittal and can be made with check, cash or money order. Sorry, credit and debit cards are not accepted.
- Payment of permit fee is required in full at the time of permit issuance. You can call ahead for final payment amounts. Feel free to ask questions at any time. We are happy to help you understand the process.
What about moving my business into an existing building?
Depending upon the existing building and the proposed new business a Change of Use permit may be required for this activity to occur. Please see the link above and then contact the Grays Harbor Building Division to schedule a pre-application meeting for help with this activity.